Hi I’m Sarah, a virtual assistant hitting bulls-eyes
As the Founder of Active Admin Solutions, my passion lies in helping business owners streamline their processes, create policies & procedures, along with performing all business administration.
For over 25 years, I’ve worked in various Administration and Executive Assistant roles for Executive Management teams before recently deciding to fly solo and become a Virtual Assistant.
My business specialty lies in supporting clients to develop strong administration practices, identifying, documenting and implementing best practice principles and writing grant or tender applications to support the growth of businesses.
I love helping clients to develop policy and procedures, forms and business processes. For me, it’s more than creating these processes and leaving you to work it out. I enjoy being involved in helping you and your team members adapt to the changes and seeing how happy they are when jobs are streamlined.
My clients come from private business, retail and the Not for Profit sector, with one of my longest clients being an Aboriginal NFP organisation. In this role, I support them to create, design, write and submit their grant and funding applications for various projects, and it’s a great feeling to see them gain approval, grow and thrive in their independence.
Throughout my career, I’ve also worked with many busy managers from various industries including IT, education, engineering and retail. Learning how to
- Manage offices and retail
- Co-ordinate and manage staff
- Executive management team support
- Project management
- Secure and manage consulting assignments
- Accreditation and maintaining standards
- Grant and tender submissions
- Report and proposal writing
- Design business documentation
- Domestic and complex international travel arrangement
- Establish system and records maintenance
- Event management and much more
In my downtime, you’ll find me with family and friends, relaxing with a good book, working on a new craft project or honing my archery skills.
What our happy clients have to say
Since I engaged the services of Active Admin Solutions the efficiency of my business has improved out of sight. When I was looking at expanding my business Sarah at Active Admin Solutions conducted a lot of research into the pros and cons for the options I was looking at. With her wide range of contacts in the business world, Sarah was able to present me with a number of solutions and I picked the one that suited my needs. Sarah has taken on a lot of the necessary but mundane tasks allowing me to continue to manage the day to day running my business. This involved expanding my shop, updating website providers to cope with Google changes, office/shop forms and overall management solutions. I can highly recommend Active Admin Solutions.
We have been working with Sarah before she established Active Admin Solutions and continue to enjoy a collaborative and supportive relationship. Sarah has supported our business, board, management and staff through training and skill development. Engaging with Active Admin Solutions has made it easy to streamline our business Policies and Procedures, ensuring that we were able to become a dual accredited organisation. We have also worked with Sarah on many successful funding grants and tenders that have contributed to the growth of our services and programs and increase employment opportunities in our community
I have known and worked with Sarah for about 13 years, long before she established Active Admin Solutions. As the Executive Assistant to a busy Managing Director of a former client – she was my contact point for that organisation.
In the intervening years we have both gone on to alternate careers but we have maintained a good working relationship. I have recently used Sarah’s services to assist with grant-application expertise for a charity I was assisting; and I can honestly say you’d go a long way to find a more personable, diligent, competent and efficient colleague. I will continue to refer business to Sarah, and will continue to use AAS myself.
My relevant qualifications
- MYOB Statement of Attainment, Gunnedah Community College
- Certificate III Business Administration (Medical), TAFE NSW
- Essential skills for Secretaries & PAs, New Horizons Learning Centre Sydney
- Event Management, TAFE NSW
- Empowering Time Management Skills Centre, Empowerment – Human Enterprises
- The Receptionist Centre of NSW – Touch Typing and Business Skills
My recent successes
- Successful grant $35K
- Application for provision of OOHC Service
- Successful transition client to new Ecommerce platform
- Successful third party dual Accreditation and Verification for Client
- Program Manual tailored to meet client contract deliverables
- Policy and Procedure Manuals x 3 Clients
- Successful tenders 2 x 3 year program and service delivery value each tender $1.1M
My Memberships & Associations
Ready to tell me your story?
If you’d like to talk to me about your business and how we can work together, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you.